as discussed in Introducing ETHBohem1a gardeners hackathon (Feb/Mar 2024) this is definitely a great idea to start evangelising the EEG community and engaging like-minded people into it so that this gives an initial boost to the EthBohemia Hackathon.
also the Devconnect gathering is one of the latest ones before the winter comes and there’s a pause in the conferences happening so this is one of the rare opportunities to proliferate the initiative.
there’s a couple of options on how to do this, including:
- hosting a meetup/event
- simply identifiying the people that are matching the values and adding them to twitter/telegram community to keep in touch
- running some initiative at the EthIstanbul hackathon like a meditation session/friendship bracelets workshop/etc to just give the vibes
i am inclining the most to the 2nd or 3rd option as meetups or events seem to be complicated due to a couple of issues:
- people tend to register to all of the events to just attend whichever
- the timespan is not super large so choosing a right date to cover the right audience is hard
- reaching out to the relevant audience is a challenge as every side event is added to “Devconnect” folder on Luma and that messes up with the audiences
so just focusing on growing a small cozy chat and then getting this chat to live - i.e. creating a special coordination point why would people be engaged is the most prospective idea.
i am already in istanbul and i will be here for a whole month so we can meet in advance to chat about the initiative to perform and i am at the spot to take part in it!
lmk your thoughts!